fredag 29 juli 2011

wheel bearing




The good thing with an SR is that it looks good even when it is broken. When I got the rims of for painting, last winter, I recognised that all the seals were missing. Got some seals from Japan but didn´t change the bearings (bad idea). The bearings had taken to much beating from the water braking in. Yesterday I felt a small gap when I shook the back wheel. Fortunately the local Yamaha supplier told me to get some standard, sealed, ball bearings instead of the origoinal ones. - Swedish SKF is cheaper, and in stock next door to us. Thakyou mrs lokal supplier!





If you ever had trouble dismounting the metal sealer - here´s a tip. M5 bolts fits perfect into the holes, and they make it easy to lift the metal plate - even with a new rubber seal fighting back. Standard part is good. No problems to fit the brand new ball bearings into the 27 year old wheel...


...not so easy with the motorcycle lift. Bought the lift and rebuild it in order to fit the low design of my bike. It has been cut and welded in so many new and strange ways that I dont realy trust it. As I lift the bike, it starts to tilt a bit to the right - very nervous owner. Must find a better way before I get a dent in the gastank and a hole in my wallet.