onsdag 2 november 2011

Riding november



Went for a ride just to be able to say - drove my bike untill november. I did reach the 3500km distance this summer, but this last ride was not a holliday. My friend Mats had to turn back home to get a new head light bulb, and this was only the beginning. After this it took us about one hour to get both machines running at the same time. While one motor was idling in the autum breeze, the other bike refused to ignite. Hudududuf - hudududuf - hudududuf. My bike was training my right leg more than my friends leg/bike configuration. All the tricks in the book was used to get my bike running. But as soon as one bike started, the other one gave up. - Test to kick with a full open throttle (Mats idea)... I kicked down hard, and: BANG. It started:) but the engine celebrated by blowing two light bulbs in the process - the tail light and the left turn signal said good bye. No such bulbs in my hometown. Nearest shop is in Kalmar - 25km of illegal racing on small roads and cow trails to reach the shops back door. - My bike back fires, was my friends first words in Kalmar. - The exhaust is shaking. And his diagnoses could not be better. One of the nuts, holding the exhaust system to the cylinder head was somewhere in between where it should be and the neighbourhood. The drive back home was a nice symphony of explosions, rattling metal and not so functional bulbs. But we did drive in november this year!


Thanks Mats for all the laughs:)