söndag 11 december 2011

Designers tips




If something looks ugly – make five more of them and ugly becomes ”this is rare man”. It’s much better to be rare than ugly:) Six ugly nuts have been made for the side panels. Looked all over internet for oldschool fasteners, but ended upp making my own. The design of the quick locks that I found belongs to much faster bikes than mine.
A little time by the lathe transformed 6 washers and m8 nuts into a tiny welding job. The notch in the nut is made for a hairpin sprint. I need to get an easy access to the sparkplug behind the panel. To prevent me from getting more gray hair I will make a little wrench for the custom nuts – kept together with the ignition key.

Some adjustments will be made to both the nuts and the panel fittings before the holes for the hairpins will be drilled.